The Office of the State Courts Administrator (OSCA) was created in 1972 to serve the chief justice in carrying out his or her responsibilities as the chief administrative officer of the judicial branch, which includes the Florida Supreme Court, 6 district courts of appeal, 20 circuit courts, and 67 county courts. OSCA also prepares the branch’s budget requests, collects and analyzes court-related data, certifies and trains mediators and court interpreters, and coordinates education programs and publications for judges and court employees, among other duties.
The State Courts Administrator serves under the direction of the Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court and the six justices, and oversees the operation of court initiatives and administrative functions.
The State Courts Administrator also serves as the liaison between the court system and the legislative branch, the executive branch, the auxiliary agencies of the Court, and national court research and planning agencies. The OSCA's legislative and communication functions are handled directly by the State Courts Administrator and their executive staff.
Office of the State Courts Administrator Values
- RESPECT - We treat everyone with dignity, courtesy, and respect.
- INTEGRITY - We are honest and trustworthy, and our actions are consistent with our words.
- INNOVATION - We anticipate future needs and develop and implement innovative solutions to organizational challenges.
- FLEXIBILITY - We adapt to challenges to produce the best results and are flexible in responding to the needs and responsibilities of our workforce.
- ACCOUNTABILITY - We are accountable to each other, the courts, and the public for efficiently using our resources.
- EXCELLENCE - We demonstrate the highest level of quality, professionalism, and service in our work and conduct.
If you are a person with a disability who needs an accommodation to participate in an activity, service, or program of the Office of the State Courts Administrator, please contact Mr. Timothy Middleton, Court Operations Consultant in the Human Resources Office. Mr. Middleton’s phone number is (850) 410-0646 or he may be reached by email at ADA@qiangshengcar.com.